The Snow Tire FAQ Forums
The Snow Tire FAQ

Home • Snow Tire FAQ • Forum • Recommended • Reviews • Snow Tire Tests • Forum Portal • Tools & References • Where to Buy
Check your PM • Register • Log in

A place to discuss Snow Tires and Winter Driving.
Calendar 

Snow Tire FAQ Search

Add to Google

Advanced Forum Search

Current Test Conditions
Find more about Weather in Fairport, NY
Click for weather forecast

Google's Suggestions

Board Navigation
Home
Forum

Acronyms
Album
Calendar
Downloads
Forum Tour
Knowledge Base
Latest Ratings
Links
Online Users
Personal Albums
RSS Feed
Rules
Staff
Statistics

FAQ
Search Downloads
Search KB

My Cookies

Poll
How do you like the new look of Snow Tire FAQ?
  It's GREAT!
  It's OKAY, but...
  I like the old look better.
  Is that the best you could do?
  Who cares, I just want to get at the information.
You must login to vote

Donations
New Donations
1  Donated by:   Londoner43
Amount:5
2  Donated by:   Anonymous
Amount:1
3  Donated by:   mstrmstr
4  Donated by:   Anonymous
5  Donated by:   Anonymous
Amount:0

Make A Donation

Norwegian winter tire test 2008

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
kakraemer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
435 Points

Norway NO Rogaland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:34 am   Post subject:  Norwegian winter tire test 2008 Back to top 

Download Post  Rating: Acknowledged  
E36/5
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
564 Points

USA US Minnesota
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:36 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Awesome Smile Thanks! I was hoping to see the Bridgestone Blizzak WS-60 in there, but I guess that's not available in the Nordic market.

The new Michelin X-Ice Xi2 sure looks like a winner.

Download Post  No rating  
Peter K
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
802 Points

United Kingdom UK England
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:45 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thanks kakraemer. Looks like Nokian didn't succeed in making the "R" class leading in the wet/dry. Are these the Motor.No tests published by another agency? Actually, I can't seem to get to Motor.No at the moment Confused

Download Post  No rating  
kakraemer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
435 Points

Norway NO Rogaland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:05 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Motor is the norwegian automobile clubs (NAF) member magazine. They hav e decided to discontinue Motors webpages and merge them with NAFs webpages. That's probably why motor.no might be inaccessible.

Download Post  No rating  
Peter K
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
802 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:55 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

That explains it, thanks. I thought Motor was a magazine like, for example top gear Embarassed .

Download Post  No rating  
Peter K
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
802 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:33 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Another question, when I look at the result section (here), I think it says that the studded tyres are in bold, but my browser doesn't show this.

Download Post  No rating  
E36/5
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
564 Points

USA US Minnesota
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:18 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Peter K wrote (View Post): ›
Another question, when I look at the result section (here), I think it says that the studded tyres are in bold, but my browser doesn't show this.

Try increasing the font size on your browser.

Download Post  No rating  
kakraemer
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
435 Points

Norway NO Rogaland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:55 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

That works, Times Roman 18 for instance...
However not thru Google translate...

Download Post  No rating  
Peter K
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
802 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:48 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

It does, thanks E36/5. I just press ctrl and + an few times on Firefox. No worries about the translation, it the numbers and tyres that matter for those pages.

Download Post  No rating  
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

kakraemer wrote (View Post): ›
That works, Times Roman 18 for instance...
However not thru Google translate...

Put the URL on Google search, it will prompt for translation.

Download Post  No rating  
Peter K
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
802 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:38 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I use the Firefox and "GoogleBar". There is a little swirly icon that I can click to translate it. Although the translator seems to remove the bold text. Anyway, after a few years of reading these tests about the only Norwegian I can read are words for snow, ice, wet, braking... Embarassed Shocked . I can sort of manage the tables without needing a translation.

Download Post  No rating  
red90
Real User
Real User
95 Points

PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:05 pm   Post subject:  Re: Norwegian winter tire test 2008 Back to top 

Download Post  No rating  

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic